Sunday 3 May 2009

The Little Things

It's a dozen days since the surgery, and I'm still not exactly Usain Bolt. Sure, I can walk about, but after more than 100 yards or so and it starts to get a bit uncomfortable. To be sure, the swelling is way down, which is of course a good thing. But while I am sure the internal mechanics of the joint are improving every day, as of yet I haven't noticed much improvement.

What is perhaps most irksome, however, are the little things to do with the surgery. I have a massive bruise on the inside of my knee, which makes it uncomfortable to sleep in any position other than on my back, something I rarely do. And the stitches are really beginning to irritate me; I can feel them pulling my skin whenever I try and flex the kn ee to any degree whatsoever.

While there's not much I can do about the bruise, or indeed the inflexibility of the knee, other than wait it out, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel vis-a-vis the stitches; they're supposed to come out on Tuesday the 5th, the two-week anniversary of the surgery. It may only be a little thing, but hopefully it will make the knee feel a bit better, which is surely cause for cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment